Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pic of the Day

    Green-backed Heron – Merritt Island NWR, Florida:  After shooting the horned grebe in the previous post, I found this green-back heron.  I barely got out of the parking lot where when I saw this heron perched in a small tree.  I immediately loved the scene and stopped to shoot.  I usually see Green-backed herons perched in reeds or branches low and close to the water, but this one was perched in the open and high.  The bird was standing and looking forward.  I shot a few frames, but with the bird look straight ahead the image was boring.  Soon, the heron juxtaposed its head to its body and the composition changed.  The twist of the head and neck gave the image impending action and interest.

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/800 second @ f8

No comments:

Post a Comment