Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pic of the Day

Sand Tiger Shark, Carcharias taurus: Tennessee Aquarium; Chattanooga, TN

     I had a great time at the Tennessee Aquarium today with the family.  Both the Ocean and River aquariums are fantastic.  I have only been to a few aquariums around the country, but I have to say that the Tennessee Aquarium is the best I've seen!  Shooting was not easy, low light required high ISO settings (3200), which increases noise, but the Nikon D800 handles noise extremely well.  I found the aquarium to be a photographers dream.  Where else can you shoot fish without getting wet! 
     
A few Facts:  Adult Sand Tiger Sharks can reach 6.5 to 10.5 feet in length, and can weigh 200 to 350 pounds.  The Sand Tiger is a coastal shark and can be found in U.S. waters on both the Atlantic and Gulf coast.  For more facts on the Sand Tiger Shark, click here.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 35mm f2, 1/80 second @ f3.5, Handheld  

No comments:

Post a Comment