Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pic of the Day

Willet, Tringa semipalmata:  Indian Shores Beach, Florida
     The Willets feeding on Indian Shores Beach a few weeks ago put on a wonderful show as they ran back and forth along the tide line.  With each pass in front of my camera they seemed to strike perfect poses with every frame I shot.  The low, bird's eye view provided a natural viewpoint, and the shallow depth-of-field isolated the Willet from its background, placing the emphasis solely on the bird.  I especially like the toes on the right leg as they stretch backwards providing a sense of movement and direction.

     The birds had no fear and seemed quite at ease in my presence as they walked within a few feet of me at times.  Often I had to stop shooting because the birds were too close. During those times I just enjoyed the birds, watching their movements, behavior and elegance.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f4, 1/1000 second @ f8

No comments:

Post a Comment