Friday, April 22, 2016

Pic of the Day

Whtie-breasted Nuthatch, Sitta carolinensis:
Horse Cove; near Gurley, Alabama
     Finally, I have a white-breasted nuthatch I am happy with.  I shot this image this afternoon at my woodpecker / nuthatch feeder in my back yard.  I have been shooting  nuthatches for quite a while, but have not been very satisfied with the images I have taken, until this one.  it is just about the perfect pose and there seems to be enough detail.  However, I will keep shooting, hoping for something better.  I did have a great time.  Nothing I enjoy better than photographing the birds.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 500mm f/4, 1/80 second @ f/8

3 comments:

  1. I agree Bobby, nuthatches can be extremely difficult to capture, always on the move and usually in poor light. You nailed it with this one buddy, great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Bobby, nuthatches can be extremely difficult to capture, always on the move and usually in poor light. You nailed it with this one buddy, great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John. They are difficult, and I wasn't sure I had the shot until I enlarged it.

    ReplyDelete